Franciszek Czapek founded Czapek & Cie in 1845. Czapek was quickly recognized as one of the greatest watchmakers of the nineteenth century. Purveyor to the Imperial Court, Watchmaker of His Imperial Highness, Prince Napoleon. At its height, the company had boutiques in Geneva, Warsaw and Paris, Place Vendôme. He wrote a book on watchmaking, one of the first of its kind ever written in Polish.
The Czapek company name was re-established in 2012. The three entrepreneurs behind this revival decided to take an unusual path for the Company's relaunch: to share it with fellow watch lovers. They created a library of Czapek timepieces to understand his work and personality and worked on new designs as if he was seated with them, having travelled through time.